This is the first time I've done this so what the hell. Let's give it a shot. If something's wrong with the linking and tagging, just bear with me.
1) You must post these rules
2) Share 10 facts about yourself
3) Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for people you tag
4) Choose 10 people and put 10 icons in their journal
5) Not something like, "You are tagged if you read that".
6) You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
7) No tag-backs.
8) You can't say that you don't do tags.
9) You MUST make a journal entry! No comments.
.How do you find the way to DeviantArt?
introduced the website to me back in high school. Been using it ever since.Which one is your favorite picture?
To be honest, I don't know which one is my "favorite." There's so many I appreciate and keep coming back to look at I really can't decide. :/Who is your best friend on Deviantart?
Five. Speedway66, LightninRob
, and DJXtremist (who recently retired his DA account and moved to Tumblr).Who is your favorite cartoon character?
I'm stuck between Shaggy Rogers and Scarecrow from "The New Batman Adventures."What is your favorite cake?
Oreo ice-cream cake. Yes, it exists.Which animal is your favorite?
Owls. Barn Owls to be specific. They are the stealthiest of all birds-of-prey and have the most intimidating vocalizations (intense, high-pitched screeching). I should know, I have barn owls living near my house.If you can build a house on every place you ever want, which place do you choose?
I'd build a house in San Fransisco, just outside the city limit so I'm in a more rural and quiet area but I'm not too far from the city itself.Optimist or pessimist?
Neutral. I can be both.Do you got a secret your parents doesn't know?
They don't know about my plans to become an intern and writer for Cartoon Network. They also don't know about the stories I'm writing. They'll find out eventually. Parents always do.
If you can choose one superpower, which one?
Indestructibility. I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!!!
10 facts about me:
1. I'm a guitarist, eight years strong. My influences for guitar are Corelia, The Human Abstract, Haunted Shores, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, and Mestis.
2. I have 10 sketchbooks filled with drawings and I'm closing in on my eleventh. Speed has me beat by thirty, though...
3. I have an unofficial twelfth sketchbook that is used solely for pin-up sketches. No, I won't put it on DA. I'm taking that shit to my grave.
4. I'm not good with technology. Kinda sucks for me in this day and age.
5. My father and I are both craft-beer enthusiasts. We even brewed our own beers, from Porter's to IPA's (India Pale Ale).
6. I am involved in two music projects: Glass Phantoms, a Dubstep-Metal fusion band consisting of LightninRob (keyboards, vocals), DJXtremist (Turntables, DJ, Bassist, mixer), my little brother (drums), and me (Guitarist, bassist, vocals). The second project is Ravens, Progressive-Metal. This project is just my little brother (drums) and I (guitar, bass, vocals).
7. I have fourteen total ideas and stories I am making progress on.
8. I live in Watsonville, California. This is the same town the famous voice actor Grant George grew up in.
9. My music influences my art. If I want to make something more family-friendly, I listen to Pop music. If its more abstract, Classical. If it's cartoons or comedic, Punk Rock, Rap or Hip-hop. If it's anything else, Electronic and Heavy-Metal with all it's sub-genres.
10. I'm actually related to Boris Karloff, the original Frankenstein Monster. He is a distant cousin on my father's side as my family tree puts it. While incorrect, I like to call him "Uncle Boris" just for the fun of it.
Questions from 1. What is your favorite pastime?
Hanging out with friends, going out to the beach, enjoying a good beer with my father, spending time in Santa Cruz, CA.2. What is your favorite food?
Anything my grandmother makes. Tortillas, Pozole, steak ranchero, all the good Mexican food!3. Favorite movie?
I have so many favorites. My top five would be Jason and The Argonauts, The Valley of Gwangi, Tombstone, The Thing, Godzilla.4. Favorite social media?
Instagram. That's the one I have the least amount of problems with.5. Who is your favorite cartoon character of ALL time?
Shaggy Rogers. Zoinks!6. How often are you online?
quite often. I have my laptop when I'm home and my iPhone for when I'm on the road.7. Digital or Traditional (art style)?
traditional. I'm not quite tech-savvy but I'm learning.8. Celebrity crush?
Marilyn Monroe. She was so intelligent and articulate. Second crush would be Mindy Kaling. She is just too damn funny and adorable. Bonus: My man-crush is Joe Duplantier of the band Gojira. He's got one of the best Metal-vocals of the genre. 9. Shy or Outgoing?
I like to go out into the world but I'm shy when it comes to meeting new people.10. What would be your dream job?
writing stories/scripts for Cartoon Network and Disney, voice-acting.
The closest to ten I'm gonna tag are:
My questions for all of you:
- What song would summarize one OC you have?
- Which artist's style do you try to mimic in your art and why?
- What's the darkest thing you have ever drawn?
- Do you try to mimic other styles of cartoons or do you stick with the one style you learned and developed over the years?
- How many completed sketchbooks or stacks of drawings do you have?
- Do you think your'e fine with your current style or do you constantly change and experiment with it?
- What other forms of art do you have for recreational use ?
- Do you draw out in public or wait till you're home?
- Which emotion dominates your compulsion to draw?
- How does one capture the energy? This is a rather vague question but I'd like to hear a creative answer from you.